November 5, 2008

Roasted Beets and Onions with Steamed Broccoli

I have another simple yet delicious couple of dishes that come in handy when you only have a little time and one or two people to feed.

Ingredients

3 medium sized beets
2 medium onions
2 T. (ish) braggs
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. olive oil

1 head broccoli


Chop the beets into bite sized pieces and dice the onion. Mix them together in a small baking dish (I used a bread pan). Squirt some Braggs in there, salt and pepper, mix thoroughly. Add olive oil and mix again, making sure that everything is evenly coated with the oil

I turned the oven to 375 (I didn't preheat), covered the pan with aluminum foil and baked it for about 45 minutes. I then took it out, mixed the veggies, tasted one and then cooked for another 30 mins uncovered.


perfect

I then cut up the broccoli and steamed it and ate them together. This made 2 meals for me and was pretty darn tasty!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm...looks tasty. You could throw anything in here, the possibilities boggle the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I usually make a whole suite of roasted veggies this way, but my favorite ingredients haven't been available lately!

    ReplyDelete