September 16, 2008

Balsalmic Mushrooms

Ingredients:

Not pictured- balsalmic vineger.


Directions:

Cut stuff up.
Start boiling the water.


Cook half and
onion in butter with lots of garlic. While letting that go for a bit, dice up the tomatoes (use heirlooms), and toss them in, be sure to get all the yummy juices, mmm. Then douse the whole concoction with balsalmic vineger (use the black stuff and use a good amount). Finally, add some smoked pepper salsa if possible- not 100% required, but really adds some smokey zest to it.

Toss the pene in the water.

Start the squash. Until tonight, I've been cooking squash with the lid on, to steam it. Tonight I attempted to cook them at higher heat to try to sear the outside and get it crispy yummy brown. I would say I was 90% successful with only a bit of burning. It really added a grand amount of texture and flavor to the squashes, and I suggest you risk it and attempt this.

Dice up the mushrooms; I used chimi mushrooms, but I think any would work. Put them in the tomato concoction last so they don't over cook. Let the entire thing reduce down until it starts to get a bit sticky. The pene should definately be done by now as well as the squash. Put it all on a plate, add the feta (I used goat cheese feta)- minus feta and butter and you have vegan. Boom!
UPDATE: I ate this and it was fantastic, yummyum.

2 comments:

  1. I must say-you have a very nice blog.
    Tell me what you think about mine.

    ReplyDelete